What are the rules for reposting on Instagram? Should you do it? What if you sell their product in your store? What if you think they took a beautiful photo that would flow with your Insta-Story? How do you know when reposting on Instagram is okay or not?
I get asked this question all the time. With other social media streams like Facebook and YouTube, there are clear rules and guidelines for this. Instagram is different.
There are no crystal clear rules. Then how do you know how to behave properly when it comes to reposting on Instagram for Business accounts? Here’s what you should know.
What Do Instagram’s Terms & Conditions Say?
Not a whole lot actually. Other social media streams like Facebook and YouTube, there are clear rules and guidelines for this. Instagram is different.
What They DO Say
- You must be over 13 years of age
- Content must not be offensive
- You are responsible for your own account
- You must not defame or imitate someone else
- Do not use it for illegal purposes
- Don’t send viruses/malware through Instagram
- Don’t use bots, crawlers, etc.
- Follow the community guidelines…