We already know that the days of operating solely for profit are long gone. Whilst this is still a priority, many businesses like, Rosewood, now care about more than just the bottom line. They now focus largely on corporate social responsibility.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is when a company operates in an ethical and sustainable way and acknowledges and handles its environmental and social impacts. This means careful consideration towards human rights, the community, environment, and society in which the business operates.
5 Ways To Be More Socially Responsible in Business
- Support causes close to your heart
- Support causes that align with your business
- Support your community
- Support your friends & family
- Collaborate with like-minded people and organizations
Rosewood is a Proud Supporter of Non-Profit Organizations
Here at Rosewood, CSR is undoubtedly one of our top priorities as it actually determines what clients we choose to work with. Whenever we go into business with a new client – one of our first conversations is always about the philanthropic or community work they’re involved in.
Rosewood Participates/Has Participated in:
- Annual Big Bike for Heart and Stroke (Participant on Vince’s Market Team)
- Pupchella Pawty for SPCA (Sponsor)
- Walk It Off’s Annual 5K (Participant)
- Doane House Hospice
- Client Events & Fundraisers for Good Causes
- Covenant House (Rob Barlow of WireIE)
- Easter Seals Dancing with the Stars (Brian Johns & Maria Ciarlandini of Vince’s Market)
Rosewood is Working/Has Worked With:
- Newmarket Food Pantry
- Newmarket Lion’s Club
- Aurora Children’s Centre
- Walk It Off Spinal Cord Recovery Centre
- Thrive for Good (previously Organics 4 Orphans)
We are proud to offer a 10% discount on all projects for qualifying Non-Profits Organizations.
Philanthropic Organizations in York Region:
There are many philanthropic groups which also allow you to network with like-minded individuals. Here are juts a few within York Region that you can attend and contribute to. Expand your network while doing good!
- LIPS (Ladies in Philanthropy for Southlake)
- SWAG (Successful Women Achieving Goals)
- 100 Women Who Care
- 100 Men Who Care
- Foxglove Social
- Green Connections Networking Group (Socially & Environmentally Conscious)
Rosewood founder, Deanna Simone, is currently on the board for Green Connections Networking Group, which promotes environmentally and socially responsible initiatives in York Region. You can attend the next meeting for free as her personal guest. Email her here.
The Bottom Line
Remember that when corporate social responsibility is integrated into your business model, it can attract positive publicity, work as a marketing strategy to network with like-minded people, help attract and retain top talent, and improve relationships with customers and their communities. The benefits are far reaching, including client retention, improved sales, financial success, and a sense of community.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
Questions? Get in Touch!
Until Next Time,